Saturday, January 23, 2010

entry #1


I've been reading about Lasagna Gardening and hate having to dig up areas to plant things. I had a lot of the raw material for a trial gardening bed so I thought I'd give it a try. The leaves from the maple tree never got raked up in the fall and with this mild winter, things were thawed out a bit so I raked them up and placed them over the newspapers I'd laid out on the flower bed. We had a cute dalmatian bunny who sadly died last summer and there is a pile of composting straw and wood shavings that were his litter. I gathered that up and added that to the flower bed as well. Then there was the whole bag of rabbit alfalfa pellets that got spread out on top. I hope to add some peat and worm casing as it gets closer to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment