Monday, February 8, 2010

herb bed

In the spring of the first year we moved to this house, I took it upon myself to start clearing and reinventing the flower beds. In every house I've lived in the last 5 years, I've made some kind of an herb bed. The first time it was just a big pot.


Here I have a bigger space
Cleaning out the space. It was overgrown with irises. Huge clumps came out, all attached together..
All the big rocks were in or around so I reused them..



My grandma's garden gnomes stand guard.. :)

By summers end it had gone nuts! I didn't realize the silver mound would get so big so it took over the whole end of the bed. I will be moving it as soon as it's warm enough to make room for new parsley, basil and chive plants..

2 comments:

  1. I want an herb garden! I can't wait until it's time to start gardening here in Utah.

    P.S. Love the gnomes!

    ReplyDelete